With the amount of love our Embroider Buddy® stuffed animals get from toddlers and kids who take them everywhere from road-trips and restaurants to summer camp and daycare, it’s inevitable that they’ll need to be washed and freshened up.
Embroider Buddy® stuffed animals are made to be loved and so we made sure that they are easy to clean. Keeping the hectic schedules and limited time of our Embroider Buddy® families, we took care to construct them in such a way that they are safe in the washing machine.
Here are some of our tips and tricks:
- Remove the pods from both the head and body of your Embroider Buddy®. They are both safe in the washing machine, but for best results, wash them separately.
- Place each piece in a mesh bag or a pillowcase with a zipper to protect them. This step is especially important if you are using a top-loader machine that has an agitator, as the bags will protect them from getting caught or snagged.
- Wash them on delicate cycle in cold water.
- Use the soap that you would use to care for your baby or toddlers clothes. We recommend something that is irritant free.
- Like all of your stuffed animals, skip the dryer and hang to dry.
- Spot clean with a damp cloth and/or for tough stains, try gentle scrubbing with a toothbrush.
- Use cold water and gentle detergent, mild dish soap or baby shampoo.
- We recently saw this life hack for hand-washing bras and think that it would work great for washing Embroider Buddy® stuffed animals too.
And perhaps the most important tip of all: Do not plan on washing your Embroider Buddy® at naptime or bedtime. This one, we know from personal experience.
This article was originally posted on the Embroider Buddy website (2015).